Thursday, July 27, 2006

Route Recce

It was very hot, surprisingly dusty, and cramped. We went right down the entire length of Route Irish (Maxim’s most dangerous road in the world). One radio crapped out, one explosion in the distance (not aimed at us). Otherwise uneventful. I am going to shower.

I was somewhat surprised that we only had two humvees instead of three. And no fifty, but I guess anything higher than 7.62 is overkill in a city. We didn’t fire any weapons though.


Looking through the gunner's hatch


In Downtown Baghdad


Observation Post on top of Baghdad building

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you--

I'm still not sure you answered my question about that hill. Is it or is it not inside the concrete walls of Slayer and ifit's not STAY OFF OF IT!!!!. must you wear all that stuff all the time? It must be ptrtty dang hot !!!

love'

Yo Yo

July 27, 2006 5:55 PM  
Blogger KAB said...

Oh My God - I think he answered that one about 4 times. Yes, the hill is in Slayer.

July 28, 2006 8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two are so funny. Yes, it's a part of Camp Slayer. And no, we only have to wear the whole get up (Battle rattle, they call it) when we go off post.

And it's not only hot, but heavy and stinky too. But I promised some important people that I'd wear it....

July 28, 2006 11:40 AM  
Blogger KAB said...

Do you wear the protective cup too?

July 28, 2006 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home