Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Comment from Mark

I hope people don't get the wrong idea with you publishing my letters. I am no hero winning the war out here. I do what I have to do, and just that seems difficult enough at times. I don't go looking for danger, and, in almost all cases, my job isn't really very dangerous. For example, I spent all day today in the captured palace where my office is. But I write about the exciting things, not about spending the day at my desk writing up a comparison between two database systems. It is the Iraqi’s that really do the bulk of the suffering here.

2 Comments:

Blogger KAB said...

Its dangerous enough just being in Iraq, and I think everyone understands that you are not on Route Irish everyday. But on the other hand, you are not making this stuff up and it is the most dangerous experiences that get people concerned about your safety, even if you aren't in danger every day.

August 02, 2006 2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!

August 02, 2006 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home