Monday, October 30, 2006

They blew up my clock!!

The bastards!, as Mom would say. I thought they’d hit the building again, it shook so hard. BOOOUUUM!!!! I swear to God the glass windows behind the sandbags bowed in 6 or 8 inches before snapping back into place. Knocked the clock right off of the wall too. The clear plastic covering the face shattered when it hit the ground.

Later, I thought maybe the clock would make a neat souvenir, what with the hands forever frozen at the instant of impact. Sort of like the clock on the bridge of the USS Arizona in Pearl Harbor that they brought up from the briny deep years latter. But when I picked it up both hands just swung freely. So I just threw it away.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man - sometimes its just so hard to keep a good clock.

October 30, 2006 2:33 PM  
Blogger sparrow said...

That just gave me a new "Gabby's room cleaning" idea.

*wink*

The hands might have made a cool pendant... just thinking...

October 30, 2006 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home