Tuesday, October 24, 2006

No Title

Lots of individual shots. They are probably shooting at the towers again, but I hear no automatic rifle fire. Faster now, and there’s a small boom. It’s almost unreal, to actually be typing this as I listen to men shoot at each other a short distance away. I’m sitting on my bunk, balancing the laptop on my lap while I drink a diet Pepsi. Soon I have to finish getting dressed, if I want to make breakfast. The sounds outside always seem closer than they really are, anyways. Unless it really is close - then it just sounds LOUD. This doesn’t sound so LOUD.

The shooting dies away as I pull on my boots.

1 Comments:

Blogger KAB said...

I used to always pretend that the 4th of July fireworks were shells going off in the distance. Maybe Moscow under artillary fire or Warsaw about to be overrun. I can see it is much different to imagine these things than to actually live them.

October 25, 2006 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home