Thursday, October 12, 2006

News Flash



Well, we made the news today. Fox News, anyway, and I am not sure where else. They blew up our ammo dump last night about 2330. I knew something was wrong right away because there were too many explosions – usually the Muj let loose a couple of quick salvos and skee-daddle, but these just kept going on and on. The first big one sounded like someone kicking in the door of the hootch, and after that you just heard these low rumbles that rattled the windows over and over, until finally that petered out too. Although I didn’t see the initial flashes, the whole sky was lit red for a couple of hours afterwards. ‘knocked the little toy soldier and my underarm deodorant off of my homemade shelf, too (it’s a good thing I don’t keep my expensive Dresden porcelain on that shelve).

Hopefully tonight I will be able to get a good night’s sleep.

[UPDATE]The blimp is down so we’ll probably get hit again tonight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home