Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Happiness is a new sidewalk



Well, newly repaired, anyway. The old sidewalk was not only cracked, but actually missing for large stretches of the walkway. They say that when they first brought in the trailers they laid out all of the sidewalks, and then brought in a caterpillar crane to place the huge cement barriers, crushing the sidewalk. After being here for five months, this sounds entirely plausible – in fact, it sounds just like something the Army would do. I’d twisted my ankle on the broken concrete twice already at night and complained to the Mayor’s Cell I don’t know how many times, but they finally came out & fixed it. Thank goodness they did it before the rainy season. Sort of looks like I live in the middle of Stonehenge, what with all of the concrete monoliths protecting us. My door is behind the third monolith sticking out on the right. The bathroom and showers are all the way at the far end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home