Sunday, December 17, 2006

Boy this sucks...

It's been raining here for three days now. I think we're getting our entire annual allotment of .9 inch this week. And it's not even a nice shower, just a sort of heavy drizzle that coalesces into actual rain drops every once in a while. Nothing soaks in, so the ground is slippery like a sheet of dirty ice, and mud is everywhere.

Plus, everywhere smells like dust. I am not kidding - it's a metrological fact that when the clouds are low to the ground all of the dust and dirt in the air that is usually spread throughout the atmosphere is compressed between the clouds and my nose. It's so weird.

Excuse me now, I have to go sweep up now that the mud has had a chance to dry.

1 Comments:

Blogger KAB said...

Hmmm - that sounds wonderful, yet one more reason to look for a vacation cottage in Mesopotamia.

December 18, 2006 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home