Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Heartbreaker!

The Air Force has me scheduled to leave this place on May 5th! Ho-Yaa!! That's great, except that my replacement arrives on the second, assuming he even gets here on time. So that means he'll be sleeping for the rest of the day on the second, we'll do turn over on the third, and I'll check out on the Fourth.

One problem: that's not enough time to do turn over OR to check out. I will have to ask to be re-booked on to a later flight. Is this all some big conspiracy to make me go crazy???

Other than that everything is going okay.


PS Thanks for the Girl Scout cookies, Tasha!

5 Comments:

Blogger KAB said...

I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth! You have time to write detailed instructions, and fully brief your subordinates, plus you will be reachable via email. I think that is enough. The newbie can find his own way just like everyone else.

March 27, 2007 10:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The best teacher is expierance. He doesn't even know what questions to pose yet. He'll learn as he goes, others will help him, as no doubt others helped you, and you will answer his questions while leaning back in your comfortable leather chair at your desk back at Scott Air force Base with a Starbucks coffee in your right hand and a photograph of your family sitting squarely in front of you...

March 29, 2007 7:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

... knowing that you have done your job and you've done it well. Now it's time to pass the baton...

March 29, 2007 7:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's not about the picture of his family in front of him - he has that now - it's about being able to drive home to his family at the end of the day. That will be the wonderful, great difference.

March 29, 2007 6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I DID rate a leather chair back at Scott...

Guys, Believe me when I say that I will be out of here as soon as possible. It looks as if I will depart about a week short of one full year.

But lets not count on anything until it happens.

March 29, 2007 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home