Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Lakeside Run

I ran the lake today. Actually, it’s a series of connected ponds fed by the Tigris, and I am not sure how far around it is, but it sure seemed like a long way. It was at least as long as the 3.75 mile run I did two days ago. I was trying for 4 miles, but was so hot and tired at the turn around point that I decided to just continue around, which I thought would be shorter. Usually if it’s 110 degrees or less I can run outside during the day, but I think that I am going to have to start getting up earlier and running before work, or running with my camelback. According to the gym scale, I have lost eleven pounds since I have been here.

3 Comments:

Blogger KAB said...

You had better not lose 11 pounds every month! you will be 60 lbs by the time you get back. Sure its easy to lose weight when you are not tempted to watch TV (there aren't any), you can't snack (other than spicy cashews)and you burn calories just standing still in the sun. You should be paying the government for the weight-lose program.

June 15, 2006 4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget about the captivating CNN in the mess hall. You brothers! A little extreme for a weight loss goal, don'tcha think? By the way, is your bet still going (cuz you'll have both Kraig and Keith running scared)!

June 15, 2006 8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jealous...

June 16, 2006 1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home