Thursday, August 03, 2006

R&R down the drain

They cancelled my R&R today. There were rumors about this coming, but I had still hoped that I would be allowed to go. In the past, some have gotten either 4 days off “in place,” (meaning they don’t go anywhere but are considered off duty except for emergencies), while others have actually been able to fly to our base in Qatar for a couple of days. Sleeping in, lying out at the pool, curling up in the library – well, it would have been nice.

I am a bit down about it. It would have been a nice way to break up the first 6 months.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No time off?! What a bummer. I hope this is different R&R than the 1/2 way break where you're planning to see your family--they can't deny you that! We'll try to send out a care package in the next few days, although it won't be much consolation.

August 03, 2006 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess they need every swinging d**k in the field, now that civil war has broken out...

August 03, 2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger sparrow said...

My boyfriend is also in Iraq... 1st Armored Division - haven't seen him in a year (08/13)... I appreciate your brother's letters very much as they give me a sense of what T will not talk about.

Thank you. Thank you to your Brother.

Peace.

August 05, 2006 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home