Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Tattoo


I have decided to get another tattoo, probably when I go home on leave. I’ve already picked out the design and think it would look good on my right pec. Except that I want people to see it, and I very rarely go shirtless. So maybe on my right shin. This is what it will look like.

It means “Peace” in Arabic.

[And to any who may accuse me of being anti-war, I can’t imagine why anyone who has seen even the small slice of war that I have would not be anti-war. I prefer to view it my stance as “pro-people,” anyway]

[Note: Mark has a small "USMC" on his right upper arm]

8 Comments:

Blogger KAB said...

I have heard that the shin really hurts - I think the ankle is good but I mostly see those on girls.

September 19, 2006 7:03 PM  
Blogger KAB said...

I have thought about getting a tattoo - but mostly I wish I had gotten one 20 years ago. getting your first tattoo at 40 is kind of a pathetic, middle-age thing to do.

September 19, 2006 7:05 PM  
Blogger sparrow said...

Nah - I got my first tatoo when I was 39, so I say go for it (besides, Middle Aged is now 50+, we're living longer). Mark: What does it say????

September 19, 2006 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I heard on the radio yesterday that 60 is the new 40!

September 20, 2006 3:18 PM  
Blogger sparrow said...

I LOVE THAT.

Peace.

Awesome.

See? 60 is the new 40! We're just yunguns!

*wink*

September 20, 2006 4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pathetic?? - I got my first and only tattoo on my 40th birthday and I didn't feel "pathetic." Actually, it was quite liberating and sexy. Age is all in one's head. Not to mention, when one hits 40 - they no longer have to worry about what their friends think. Peer pressure kind of wanes by then.

September 20, 2006 5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tattoo means "Peace" in Arabic

September 20, 2006 5:56 PM  
Blogger KAB said...

Ahhh - I still have to worry about what my wife would think. I have some convincing to do there.

September 22, 2006 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home