Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween

Today is the last day of October. It’s been a rough month, with Ramadan and all. A guy from 4ID was killed by gunfire just south of Baghdad this morning, which brings the toll to one-hundred and three souls for the month. American souls, anyway, if there is such a thing.

Back in the States I’d be rushing to finish up work so that I could arrive home early enough to help get ready for Halloween. I always take Jack out while Lisanne hands out the candy. It’s one of my favorite things, even though it ended up raining last year. I can’t even remember what Jack dressed as, but we had a good time. We ended up at several of his friends houses and even begged candy from a couple of the teachers at Wolf Branch.

Instead I am sitting here hoping that no one else dies today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Jack was Harry Potter and you were Dumbledore and you took my brass Moroccan lamp with you trick or treating and you guys were cute!! This year Jack was the Grim Reaper and I was the frozen parent (it was COLD) and we missed you. Very much!!

November 02, 2006 9:17 AM  
Blogger KAB said...

I guess Anais is too old for Halloween? The varsity Football team made us go out trick or treating for them when we were freshman.

November 02, 2006 9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are you kidding?? As a High School Student, dressing up for Halloween is "so not done." I offered her my witch costume to wear while she handed out candy and she just looked at me with the sympathy usually reserved for the severely handicapped.

November 02, 2006 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home