Friday, December 01, 2006

I really, really wish that I had written this…

But I didn’t. I stole it from Shell’s blog who borrowed if from Gail Hapke. I just changed it a bit (sorry Gail), but then, some say all great works are derivative. And even though I stole it, I suppose it’s better than letting hallmark pick the phrases for you. Lisanne, I do a lot of thinking about things between putting down the book and actually falling asleep, and this pretty much sums it up. I can’t wait until we’re together again.

Caught off guard and captivated,
Captivated to the core,
Never could I have presumed
That one so charming,
One so beautiful,
Would spend her life with me.

You chased my heart for years,
while I, perhaps afraid, not knowing better,
put up obstacles before you
And chased you away (I’m sorry)

I wasn’t ready. This
Could not be happening to me,
And yet . . .
One day I discovered that I had somehow acquired
something unexpected, something wonderful.

And now, with twenty-three years gone by,
The wonder is still there,
The beauty and the love,
Now more than ever.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Way to go, Mark!!!!

December 01, 2006 5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Mark. Which poem of Gail's are you referring to??? Because this is an original, what you have written. I just went through all of her poetry and can find nothing comparable.

Positively beautiful. Totally unique. Perfect.

You two are an inspiration. Truly.

December 01, 2006 9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: Gail's poetry site is HERE

She is a talented, talented lady - May I share this with her?

December 01, 2006 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh oh.. now I am in trouble. I just went back and tried to find the poem on line and COULDN'T!!!

I really didn't write it (as I said, I would love to take credit, but it's not mine). Some one's gonna sue me!! Now I am going to jail and all I was trying to do was tell my wife that I loved her :-)

BTW, Shell, if you do share it with Gail maybe she can clear up the mystery?

December 02, 2006 10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds familiar to me Mark, but again, it doesnt, LOL. I think you may have ended up at Scribal Terror (Gails site) via my site and found it there. I will share this with Gail.

Have you received your box yet? I'm concerned - I got 5 pieces of mail I sent to Tony in SEPTEMBER returned to me last week. So sad. If you don't have it by Tuesday let me know please - I have the receipt and might be able to track it.

BE SAFE!!!!!!!!! Darnit.

December 02, 2006 11:23 AM  
Blogger sparrow said...

Mark, this is not my poem -- though thanks for the compliment! -- it's one written by JBelle that I published on my old account. It is beautiful isn't it? --Gail

December 02, 2006 12:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mark -

WHTS...always my MISA!!

Lise

December 04, 2006 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home