Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Delicious

Steve Krim sent a whole bunch of meats to me before Christmas. Like, two whole boxes full! Expensive meats, too, like Elk jerky and smoked farmer's sausage and cured hams. Anyway, this was way too much for me to eat alone, so I decided to set out a meat and cheese tray and share everything with the whole crew on Christmas.

Well, everyone was running back and fourth to Camp Cropper on Christmas and things were a little tense and it just never happened. But we did set set out a table on New Years Day and it was very nice. Besides the meats we has peanuts, several different types of crackers, and a couple of cheeses cut into cubes (wine would have been the perfect compliment - maybe next time).

I had wondered how it would this would go over, but in the end we had to re-stock the table four times!! Everyone loved it!! Even the General came by and had a few bites. And although I did not tell anyone who actually set the whole thing up, I am still getting emails thanking me.

And so, Steve, I am passing that thanks on to you. I think it was a very generous thing you did and a very pleasant surprise for a lot of people out here. From all of us, thanks.

PS Thanks also to Jennifer Gustafson who sent a football as a Christmas gift. I meant to tell you that it works!

PPS I saved that thin Italian ham for myself. I can never spell the word - prosciutto?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

No - thank you guys.

January 03, 2007 7:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I sent the wine, very expensive, you mean you didn't receive it?

January 03, 2007 6:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I notice that you didn't mention the caviar (buluga...what else?), lobster thermadore and Dom Pergignon champagne that I sent.

January 04, 2007 2:20 PM  
Blogger sparrow said...

Why... yes, LA - I sent a bottle of Cristal!!! How odd... ahem.

I've been MIA - I am sorry... but this means I have lots to read and catch up on!

Happy New Year everyone... the countdown is on. Whew!

Love.

January 04, 2007 6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's because I ate the caviar and lobster, and drank the wine and champagne myself.

January 05, 2007 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home