Sunday, January 07, 2007

How many degrees was that?

It’s funny how different people and things can be related. It occurred to me today that I have some outside connection to almost every officer that I work with on a daily basis. Chris S. (Intel), the XO and probably my best friend here, went to high school with a friend I hung around with in Biloxie and still email occasionally. John H. (also Intel), went to post grad school with - and was a member of the same martial arts club as - my previous supervisor at Scott, although he wisely claims no personal attachment to the man. Dan B. (Signals), was previously stationed at Scott, and, in fact, several years ago I had reviewed his resume for a database manager position we were trying to get funded. Then there is Juliette P. (Intel), a reservist who lives in Auroria, Colorado, less than a mile from where Lisanne and I lived when I was training at Lowry Air Force Base in Denver – okay, that one’s not such a close relationship, but it’s something. And finally, my roommate, Brent C. (a Cryptographer), grew up in Warren, Michigan, which is only a couple of miles and yet a whole world away from where we grew up in Detroit. I once told him that even his name sounded suburban. Just about the only one that I have absolutly no connection with is Stupid-Lady (my boss).

And that’s a good thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh contrair - regarding "Stupid Lady"...she sounds like she fits in with other former "senior ranks" of the same calibre. Somewhere - they're all related (or massed produced)I think.

January 07, 2007 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home