Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I close my eyes, but I am not tired. Instead, I am weary. I ache. I think I have a temperature… I lay here, sweaty, weakened… useless. And all the more guilty for it. The medic spoke to the doctor, and gave me drugs in a little plastic baggie. “Yes, it’s going around. I had three patients just yesterday, and we were chock full all last week. Come back if it gets any worse.” At first his chipper tone sounds so artificial, but then I remember the patients he must deal with who don’t have the flu. The ones they carry in.

And so I lay here. I haven’t eaten since the day before yesterday, but at least the diarrhea has stopped. Tomorrow I will go to work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you need to DRINK DRINK DRINK fluids!! The diahrea may be gone because you're dehydrated! Drink water, drink gatoraid!! That's more important than eating. I know you!!! Take a drink right now!!

April 10, 2007 9:41 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

I did. Grumble, grumble.

April 11, 2007 6:55 AM  
Blogger KAB said...

This all doesn't have anything to do with homemade (or Hooch-made) spaghetti does it?

April 11, 2007 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home