Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Late snack

Four freaking AM and I am hungry. I am in the mood for Spaghetti with tomato sauce for some reason, which I am hardly ever in the mood for. But, well, we’re in Iraq, and the mess hall won’t be open for two more hours, so some compromises will have to be made.

Having eaten all of the Top Raman Lisanne sent to me, the closest thing I have to noodles is Crunchy Raisin Bran. It must have been because I was not fully awake yet, but for some reason, the idea occurred to me that - in a pinch - cereal could be a viable substitute for noodles. And if I could use cereal for noodles, surely I could use that can of V8 Juice for a tomato sauce. Spiced up with some of Blaire’s Insanity Hot Sauce, maybe.

It worked: two bites and I was not hungry any more. In fact, as I think back upon it, I probably didn’t even need that second bite. What was I thinking?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Insanity" hot sauce. I think that says it all.

April 03, 2007 9:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Two bites and you weren't hungry anymore? Not surprising. Thats a little like saying Ill just cut this finger off and the splinter I have there won't bother me any more...

April 04, 2007 3:28 AM  
Blogger sparrow said...

Ohhhh noooooo! Ick! Poor Mark.

April 14, 2007 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home