Saturday, June 17, 2006

I put the war on hold last night

We have an all-ranks club here, set up in what I think is an old Iraqi house. It’s typical upper class Iraqi, cement on the outside and lots of marble on the interior. Inside they have a pool table (one), a popcorn machine (never used), a couple of decks of cards (well worn), and the largest wide-screen TV that I have ever seen.

I was walking by this club last night around 2110 and wondered whether anyone was watching TV in there? Well, it turned out, there wasn’t, so I went in and flipped the AFN TV channel until I found something I thought I’d like. It was a romantic comedy called She’s the One with Jennifer Aniston and some other actress whom I like (I know, they’re actors!!!). And it was really good just to relax for two hours and pretend that I wasn’t here. I didn’t realize how much I missed having kids and old people in my life, or just being able to go out to a restaurant, or call someone on the phone. A very nice way to end my evening. I even smiled all the way back to my trailor.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Movies are great sometimes. And that Aniston Chick has been surprisingly good in more then a few movies.
Keith

June 20, 2006 4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, suprisingly so.

June 21, 2006 1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home