Thursday, August 10, 2006

Good things happen

Some people tend to always look at the good side of things. Those people annoy me. But I was lying in my rack the other day thinking of the good things that have come out of this deployment. And here they are:

- I can run 2 miles in 16 minutes
- I have done things and faced situations that I had always wondered how I would handle, and I have handled them well
- I have found a deep sense of renewed commitment, despite the geographic distance, to my relationship with Lisanne
- I have gotten closer to my brother Kraig
- Anais has opened up and, I hope, made me a part of her life again (she signed her last letter “I’ll always be your little girl”)
- I have reconnected with Marc Lutz, my roommate from California (he’s a doctor now). And several others too.
- I have discovered that you can have too many chicken, cheese, and tomato omelets
- George the teddy bear

1 Comments:

Blogger KAB said...

As I have commented before, I think ONE chicken cheese and tomato omelet might be too much!

August 10, 2006 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home