Saturday, August 05, 2006

Posters and signs I have seen

I’ve always thought that besides adding a bit of local color, posters and other graphic art tend to reflect a society’s norms and values. Here are some that have made an impression on me over here.


“Do not feed feral animals”

“Do not leave safe area without weapons locked and loaded”

“Do you know who your Baghdaddy is?”

“OPSEC. Somebody’s life is counting on it.”

“Procedures for cleaning up blood and other body fluids”

“Clear all weapons before entering Chow Hall”

“Please be patient – Random Anti-terror Measures in effect!”

“Low-flying helicopters – Keep area free of antennas [how low do they fly? ed]

“Recognition Guide for poisonous snakes, spiders, and scorpions”

2 Comments:

Blogger KAB said...

No guide for feral lizards?

August 05, 2006 10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to let him go. He was apparently a carnivor, and - although I didn't mind bringing home the occasional veggie from the chowhall - I wasn't going to catch his flies for him.

August 05, 2006 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home