Saturday, November 04, 2006

Expecting trouble

The Saddam Hussein verdict is expected tomorrow and we are bracing for trouble. All leaves have been canceled again, even those for Iraqi forces. Pretty much every vehicle that can carry a weapon is going to be out, including mine. I'm not going though. Instead, I will be on the base, worrying. It feels odd (and almost cowardly) to be sending men out while I stay behind.

All I can do is make sure they all have extra ammo, and know that I would be there if I could. I think of my family, and of theirs. This is one of those times I wish I prayed. They leave at 0600.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Darn it, they don't need you to hoist a gun, they need you to... well, to do whatever it is that you do. Remember that.

November 04, 2006 7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I do, is lead. Or try to.

November 06, 2006 12:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll follow you anywhere!!

November 06, 2006 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home