Tuesday, December 05, 2006

First email...

All of the worrying I do, and this is the first email in 6 days that I get from Lisanne. Okay, well maybe it was only two days, but jeez. And she had me going for a minute too...

"Well, we finally got back our power about 7:30 last night and the phone/cable back about 45 minutes ago. Everything is fine. We have a kick-ass generator now. Nothing lost in the basement - all is well. Yes, we were very cold and huddled in the living room. Jack and I played chess (he's very good) and read books and just hung out. You asked if we had a bunch of candles lit all over the place for light. I know how you feel about candles, so instead of candles, I had open bowls of gasoline, which we lit and used for light. The fumes had us hallucinating - but you know - I just didn't want to risk using candles."

Talanted, good looking, and a sense of humor too!

Well, at least everything is okay.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! You're a nut, LA!!!

December 05, 2006 2:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I forgot to mention that for cooking we brought in the charcoal grill from outside. Thanks to the electricity being out - we didn't have to put up with those pesky smoke detectors blaring while we roasted hotdogs in the living room. All that corn liquor (or was it rubbing alcohol - I can't remember - the weekend's a blur) kept the kids and me warm, too.

December 05, 2006 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home