Saturday, December 09, 2006

Frustration!!!

Warning: Venting going on ahead.

Most of my crappy days are caused by my boss. She can’t help it - she's just stupid. I have often wondered how she could ever graduate from college, let alone rise to a position of responsibility. Really. She has no sense of the conceptual, cannot think in the future tense, and does not grasp the relationship between the big picture and what any of us do on a day-to-day basis. She also has the extremely annoying habit of expecting you to figure out what she wants without telling you – she has literally said to me that I should know what she wants – I’m gonna risk a sexist comment here, but that’s so damn female. If you want something from me, TELL ME. You don't know how hard it has been not to write about her, and to tell the truth, the only reason I have not done so previously is because I didn’t think anyone would want to read it. In the end, the need for catharsis wins out over concerns for the reader’s interest. Oh well.

7 Comments:

Blogger KAB said...

I don't know, I might prefer stupid. I don't have any stupid people to deal with, but sly, manipulative, backstabbing, not to mention pompous, arrogant, and passive agressive, people have made their way into my life via the library.

December 09, 2006 7:40 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

If I were a jin (that's what they call genies) I would wish you a better set of work mates. One of the good things about the military is that no matter how bad the people are, one of two things will happen: They will transfer, or you will. Hang in there... Yale's gonna have to be a long term proposition if we're all moving to New Haven. Do M&D know about that yet?

December 09, 2006 8:47 AM  
Blogger sparrow said...

Certainly something should be done Mark; her stupidity equates to negligence and that could get someone killed in the position you are all in.

December 09, 2006 11:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, Mom andDad do not know about that yet. Can we take our house????

December 09, 2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger KAB said...

No House, but I may allow the cat.

December 09, 2006 11:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I thought we were all moving to Ann Arbor...

December 09, 2006 4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And my parents and brother? I thought the goal was Michigan? You know, Detroit metropolitan area? Where I don't have to suffer through another bar exam? Nah, the way things have been at my office, another bar exam isn't lookin' all that bad. And New Haven isn't that far from a lot of my other relatives. I love it when a plan starts to come together.

December 10, 2006 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home