Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas in a box (or two)

Yesterday I received two boxes in the mail. One was a very LARGE one from Shelleigh and Sharon in Arizona, and the other was a very heavy box from Steve Krim.

The first box contained a small Christmas tree, lights, ornaments, pine cones, candy canes, a Christmas mug, and a candle, which we are unfortunately not allowed to have in the hooches. I put up the tree in my room the very next night, and it looks great sitting on my night stand with my books - I turn it on every night. And this all from two women that I have never met, and who know me only from reading Kraig’s blog. It was a VERY generous gesture and I thank you for it. Perhaps we will meet one day so I can thank you in person.



Steve sent a box of meats and cheeses. They were all cured or smoked or jerkied (if that’s a word) so they didn’t need to be refrigerated. It must have cost a small fortune to put all of this together, and another to send it!!! We ate the elk jerky and the venison sausage the first night, but I took the rest to the hooch to save for Christmas. Chef said he’s going to get some more cheeses and a nice platter and I’ll buy some crackers and we’re going to bring it to the Palace on Christmas Eve.

I also received some much-needed socks from Mom and Dad, and new clothes for George and his as-yet unnamed companion (we were calling her Hussie Plushie, but decided that wasn’t quite appropriate). So keep an eye out for more pictures of the bears!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Shelleigh and Sharon - THANK YOU so much for caring about Mark!! It made the kids and me feel so great to know that others are helping to take care of his spirits!! You are both filled with the true meaning of the season...do unto others. Thank you for reminding us of that important message. We shall "pay it forward" so that the goodwill continues!
Lisanne, Anais & Jack

December 05, 2006 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!!

Lissanne, Anais, Jack...

it is the VERY least we can do.

Mark... I'm so glad it got there and in time, no less.

Merry, merry everyone!

*hugs*

December 05, 2006 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home