Sunday, January 07, 2007

Leaving tomorrow

BOUNCY BOUNCY BOUNCY!!!

I feel like such a kid. Like a kid at Christmas!! I can hardly wait for tomorrow. The truck picks us up at 0450 for the ride to BIAP, then on to Kuwait, Germany, Ireland, Maine, Atlanta, and (finally) St Louis. My leave doesn't actually start until I get to Atlanta and switch to a commercial flight, so I won't be wasting my leave time flying. Not much of it, anyway. No more loud noises, no more firefights, no more chicken and rice - at least not for three weeks!!!

Boy the kids will be so surprised! We haven't told them the exact day I am coming home so it'll be a big surprise. I gotta go to unpack and re-pack my stuff for about the fifth time! Bye.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

No more chicken and rice? Damn - what am I gonna do with all that frozen chicken and the 20lb bag of rice that I bought in anticipation of your homecoming????

We will do Taco Bell (your favorite) but not every day...just thought I'd let you know. Well, maybe everyday if that's really what you want. (Heavy sigh)

January 07, 2007 2:52 PM  
Blogger KAB said...

Sounds like a long ride, but I am sure it will seem hours shorter than on the way there. It will be good to have you stateside, us not having to worry about firefights or random rocket/mortar fire.

January 07, 2007 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home