Monday, December 25, 2006

9:05 PM, Christmas Night

The good news is that I don’t have to go back to Cropper tonight. The bad news is that our equipment out there still isn't up, but it's impossible to work in the pitch black dark, not to mention the mud. My last crew is on their way in, but it might take a while because a guy is missing from FOB Stryker (next over from Cropper) and they have check points out all over.

What a thing to happen on Christmas. I hope they find him. Six other US troops died this weekend as well - three MPs and three infantry, I think. And the police reports say they found 38 handcuffed bodies of civilians throughout the city, most of whom I'd wager committed no other crime than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I guess there are no holidays in Iraq. I'll be glad when my guys make it in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your guys will be OK. You make sure that you never find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

December 25, 2006 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOTE: SSgt A. was the last to make it back, at about 2300. Now all present and accounted for.

December 26, 2006 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home