Friday, December 22, 2006

Bad Morning

The secure network went down at 0430 this morning. That means the knock at the door to my hooch came at about 0445 and informed of the problem. So I get up, pull on my uniform in a half asleep daze, and step outside into the darkness only to have the entire 70% chance of rain dump onto me. And it was cold.

So I run through the mess hall to pick up eggs to go, and head into work. It’s raining even harder now and the box gets soaked – I slip in the damn mud, catch myself, and drop the eggs.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry - I know that shouldn't be funny - but I know you and I could just picture it in my head. I could also "hear" what you must have said when you slipped and dropped the eggs. (giggle, giggle)

I love you!!
Me

December 22, 2006 12:54 PM  
Blogger Tanya Pohrt said...

At least you didn't fall--look on the bright side! :) We're back in Michigan and wishing you and your family were here too--we miss you.
It's raining here as well if that's any comfort (I imagine it isn't).
Take care.

December 22, 2006 3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raining here too, big guy. Tell ya what: I promise to go out front later and fall down, okay?

Heeeeee!

December 22, 2006 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You jackass.

December 22, 2006 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home